Sunday, July 18, 2010

You Don't Need A Weatherman

To know which way the wind blows.
~Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues


But a wind vane comes in handy.

Mt. Tsukuba in the distance

The wind on Saturday was gusty at anywhere from 6 to 9 knots. The tricky part was that since it came from Southwest, it was turbulent from going over buildings and trees, so constantly shifting and even swirling at times. The yacht harbor's owner, Mr. Hakuta, told us that on such days sailing lessons are cancelled. Still, it was a beautiful day.

To save time, instead of visiting Mama's Kitchen, we stopped on the way to pick up bento lunch and ate in the yacht club. Mrs. Hakuta served us some iced coffee to counter the 30°C (86°F) heat.


This time I did manage to capture some video -



Until next, sweet sailing.

3 comments:

Baydog said...

Thanks PB and Kimie! I loved sailing with you two, especially between :23 and 1:11. I could watch that kind of stuff for hours on end. I'm glad to see that others enjoy filming clips like that when so many others say it's like watching paint dry! Call me Dutch Boy.

Don Snabulus said...

Beautiful sailing. I can live vicariously (without having to learn the skills too!) through you two. Keep it up!

Pandabonium said...

Baydog - Thanks. One of these days I'll learn to edit properly and mix in stills and such, but glad you like it this one as is.

Don - Thank you. I'll be posting more pics soon. We went out all afternoon on Monday and had a great time. My muscles still feel it.