Saturday, October 2, 2010

Watching Paint Dry?

I hope not. OK, so this video compilation is a bit long, especially for you young whipper snappers out there who have the attention span of a lighting bolt, but I wanted to make the length match the Mambo to which it is set.

We did bury the rail a few times, got buzzed by jet skis and had some nice wing and wing time with a view of Mt. Tsukuba while dodging bamboo poles (well, actually, I hit the first one).

Last Saturday was the first opportunity to sail after our trip up north (next post) because a typhoon blew all week dumping lots of rain. When it left, the sky was crystal clear (CAVU - ceiling and visibility unlimited) and the air was moving at a nice 10 knot clip - enough to really move Bluesette without creating heavy chop on the lake.

The music (Mambo Barbara) features a great trombone solo (of course). Enjoy.

I'm glad I chose the Lido 14. If I had selected a one man boat, I'd be sailing alone and having to do all the clean up by myself. Arrr, swab that centerboard trunk, matey!

And of course, there was Mama's Kitchen afterwards.

Ham for the crew


Clams for the skipper


Desert for us both.


Mama was out, so her daughter was running the whole show and we got to meet her older sister who was there as well (eligible bachelors take note). They had a bumper crop of red sweet peppers (paprika), so we ended up taking home a bag full. I like using that in my vegetarian chili recipe in lieu of green ones for added color.

Until next, sweet sailing.

8 comments:

Frankie said...

Not bad! not bad! Great trombone solo but a bit lacking in action for a thriller... how about a shark sailing by and wanting to eat the boat? or something...

Don Snabulus said...

You were making some time on that outing. Beautiful day for a sail and mini-Mama did just fine on the food as well. Very yummy looking.

Pandabonium said...

Frankie - thank you. Sorry, no sharks in Hinuma. As the Japan Atomic Research Laboratory is near the lake, I suspect that there is a Hinuma Lake Monster - a cross between Godzilla (Gojira here) and Scotland's Nessie. That will be exciting if catch it on video. ;^)

Don - yes it was perfect conditions for speed - right amount of wind but with relatively smooth water.

Mini-Mama usually does much of the cooking, but with Mama gone she had her hands full. Tasty food as always.

Arkonbey said...

Yeah, you were trucking along! Looked like a bit of chop from my angle, but then, I'm no sailor; I was a Coastie;)

Love those congas! Thanks for sharing with us.

Pandabonium said...

Arkonbey - well, a little bit of wave action, but not enough to cause white caps and get my crew really soaked to the skin (she still got some splashes) or slow down the boat very much. Glad you liked the music.

You said, " I'm no sailor; I was a Coastie". - LOL!

The Moody Minstrel said...

I enjoyed the ride! Thanks!

Word verification: donsies (Maybe I'd better just leave this one alone for Snabulus' sake...)

Pandabonium said...

Thank you Moody. donsies....? One donsy, two donsy, three donsies.

bonnie said...

Wheeee!