Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Outside the Foamite's Falling...

and Friends Are Calling Ohayo...

Photobucket
Pre-dawn on Sunday we got a good 5cm of the stuff, whatever it is.

I'm glad I put that extra tarp under Bluesette's Sunbrella cover last month.

The white stuff was pretty, but cold. We soon decided to "come in out of the cornstarch and warm our mukluks by the cellophane." Oh, well, I may not know how to be in two places at one time when I'm not anywhere at all, but it's still a wonderful life. The trivia is flying as thick as snow in this post. It ain't a fit night out for man or beast. Must be the influence of the moon.

Until next, sweet sailing.

Speaking of lunar influence, the Winter Doldrums challenge is still on, so don't give up. (see previous post).

12 comments:

O Docker said...

What's all this brouhaha?

It's been snowing since the top of the page.

Pandabonium said...

That's easy for you to say, you've got a script.

O Docker said...

Yes, but it leads back to the same old place.

Or is this the old Same place?

Pandabonium said...

Well, yes it is. Santa Barbara, where I first learned to sail a Lido 14 with Nancy, err... I mean my older brother.

How did you did you get in here? Did you have a key?

O Docker said...

No, I was on the other side of the record and I must have fallen through.

O Docker said...

Listen, Danger, you haven't seen the last of me.

Pandabonium said...

I hope not.

Arkonbey said...

five entire centimeters, huh? We're looking at sixty, at least.

And I shovel by hand, green idiot that I am.

O Docker said...

I thought for sure you'd say,

"No, but the first of you turns my stomach."

I'd pretty much put most of this out of my mind when the new guy at work, about 15 years ago, showed up with all of the old albums committed to memory. He also had all of the voices nailed.

At any time of the day, without warning, the lab would erupt with Nick Danger, Rocky Rococo, or Ralph Spoilsport.

I blame this, to a large extent, for my subsequent mental decline.

Pandabonium said...

Arkonbey - I use solar power for snow removal. If we ever got that much snow I'd be housebound months, lazy lout that I am.

O Docker - Sorry, but I couldn't keep my thumb by my lines. I used to listen to Firesign Theatre when I was in college. I pretty much memorized "Everything You Know Is Wrong" and "How Can You Be In Two Places..." - enough to cause permanent damage.

Don Snabulus said...

Another breakthrough in film making. I likes.

Pandabonium said...

Snabby - glad you like it. Foamite was a big step up from painted cornflakes. Some movies seem to use shreds of plastic which looks totally ridiculous to me - Ice Station Zebra (1968) comes to mind.

Perhaps the ultimate snow filled movie was Dr. Zhavago (1965) - I think they used snow for the snow in that one.