Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sartorial Correctness

Or Mad Hatter? The post title comes from O Docker, who uses fancy-shmancy lingo that I have to look up most of the time.

O Docker maintains that my Disneyland fedora would have looked better on Peppi's head and has challenged me to post a picture with Peppi in the fedora (which he provided) and throw it open to a vote. Actually, it's more of an Alpine or Tyrolean hat, but I'll not split feathers.

So here is the "O Dock-tored" pic showing the hat on Peppi:

No fair comparing either of us to Jean Gabin in the title role of Pépé le Moko (1937):

I do concede that Peppi (the dog) looked good in a hat. He was French after all. Here he is celebrating his birthday with some lanky kid in short pants:

... and trying on my marching band shako:

Anyway, if anyone bothers to read this blog, let us know your opinion.

Here's your chance to express your "sartorial correctness" opinion on who should have been wearing the fedora. Here at Sweet Bluesette, we wear the hats, you decide.

Update February 12: Since this poll's script messed up the color scheme on the blog, I've decided to close it and concede defeat to Peppi. Here is the final result:

A majority agrees with O Docker. Peppi would have looked better in my hat. (Sigh).

Thanks for voting!

Until next, sweet sailing.

8 comments:

Baydog said...

Fedora: Man
Shako: Beast

Lanky is right! Love the old photos. Now I don't feel so weird posting photos from the past. You were sooooo lucky with the pool in your back yard!

WV: aunten. More than one aunt.

bonnie said...

Somewhere in my parents' house there is a picture of my dog wearing my marching band uniform. Yes, the whole uniform.

She was a patient animal.

I can't remember if I made her wear the hat. The uniform was sort of vaquero-esque, with a black cowboy hat.

Might have to see if my dad would be willing to dig it up & scan it for me.

Pandabonium said...

Baydog - I would never have posted pics of me as kid had you not done so first. Thanks. Yes, I was lucky - that pool was in heavy use all summer long.

Bonnie - that is too funny! I'd love to see that picture. Do ask your dad to find it if he can. You play the flute as I recall.

O Docker said...

Well, you know how I'm voting.

As I explained in my e-mail, it's very difficult for a 10-year-old to wear a fedora convincingly, but Peppi appears to have the self confidence to carry it off with panache. Of course, he was probably much older than you at the time, in dog years.

Life experience counts for so much.

bonnie said...

Woof.

Pandabonium said...

Great pics, Bonnie! Good to know I'm not the only one who did silly stuff like that. ;^)

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of glad O Dock didn't suggest you instead put the Peppi toungue on the Pandabonium... I'm a little omphalosceptic to how that might turn out.

MF

Zen said...

What was the question?