Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Dog Beach Boogie



Photobucket
Kimie and Momo got home from a walk just as rain started to come down in earnest. They look happy. I wonder if they were doing the dog beach boogie during the walk.

Momo the Wonder Dog likes the beach, but not the ocean. Well, where we are the ocean is pretty rough after all. I think she just doesn't like bodies of water in general which is why she doesn't go sailing. Her breed (Shih Tzu) traces its roots to the mountains of Tibet, so I guess her preference for terra firma is understandable.

Until next, Sweet Sailing

8 comments:

Sandscraper said...

Pandabonium,

We too are experiencing rain, the remnants of Hurricane Lee that came aboard in New Orleans. As far as Katia is concerned, it looks like she is going to veer of to the East, as a result of the two storm coliding.

Good to hear from you again! Did you feel any of that Typhoon that came ashore in the South?

Pandabonium said...

Sandscraper,

Thanks! I've been reading your blog, so read about the storms there. Sorry I haven't taken time to leave a comment.

Typhoon #12 (aka Talas) missed us by a hair. We got some showers, but not like Tokyo and further west, and just had winds of around 25 mph. The worst hit prefecture was Wakayama, which happened to be where we vacationed last year. A real mess from flooding and landslides.

Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

No more sailing until spring...? How do you cope?

Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

Loved your Doggie Beach Boogie! I'll be singing that every day now, walking in the sand with my Doberwoman!

Pandabonium said...

Doc,

We have at least two months of sailing yet, maybe more. The weather hasn't been great this summer and typhoons season kept us off the lake at times.

We should be back out this weekend. The temps are now in the mid 80s and hopefully the typhoons will stay away.

Pandabonium said...

Doc II,

"Doberwoman" - I like that. Glad you enjoy the boogey.

Don Snabulus said...

Any day with a smile in it is a good one. I look forward to the next sailing day.

Pandabonium said...

Don

I agree. Saturday is looking to be good for sailing. If it turns out that way, I'll be smiling.