Thursday, December 20, 2012

Chill


There is ice on Momo's water bowl and the bird bath is frozen solid these mornings.    But there is also hope - the Winter Solstice is upon us, which means that the days will start getting longer from the 22nd on.

Some people get stressed out or depressed at this time of year, what with the lack of sunshine, and in some places from the hectic pace of the season's consumerist frenzy, or (more understandably) for lack of sailing.  I am not immune.

If you are in such a state - chill.  No, don't be cold. Just relax.  Take a break for a few minutes and enjoy some nice pictures while listening to Nobuo Tokunaga  on his harmonica playing, what else?  Bluesette...


additional credits: Emiko Tada - piano; Sasaki Kenta - bass

Until next, sweet sailing. 

7 comments:

Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

Panda, don't be telling me that the days will be getting longer 'from the 22nd on'! I've been counting on them getting shorter. They are long enough. These last two mornings, when my feet hit the floor, it was 39.5fah. That's too freaking cold for these bones. I want relief. Please give me some by promising me some longer days. Soon. For Christmas?

Baydog said...

At first I thought that was a bowl of soup! Merry Christmas PB!

O Docker said...

Isn't Bird Bath Soup popular in China?

Pandabonium said...

Doc, that is cold. While the days will get longer, for us they continue to get colder until some time in February, so we have a long way to go yet. Get some mukluks on your feet.

Pandabonium said...

Baydog, I think Euell Gibbons ate maple leaves - or was it pine needles...

Pandabonium said...

Indeed O Docker. The droppings are considered a delicacy.

Baydog said...

Yes, pine needles, PB. And I never knew that grapes had nuts.....