Friday, May 10, 2013

Scuttlebutt

WD Schock let me know that Sweet Bluesette blog has been linked in a Scuttlebut Sailing News article by Fin Beven called "EVOLUTION: Not very good for the sport".    He linked to my post about the Dinkitten sailboat my family had in the 1950s which was my introduction to sailing.   Apparently, he sailed one too. 

The article is short and to the point - things aren't what they used to be in the world of dinghy sailing, and that isn't a good thing.  I agree with what he says and recommend the article to my readers.  Let me know what you think.

Here's a picture of Fin Beven (right) on the Cal 40 Radient in the Molokai Channel heading to Diamond Head and the finish line of the  2005 Transpac race. 




The posts I wrote about the Dinkitten are here:  Kitten and here: Dinkitten - Meow!

 Until next, sweet sailing.

2 comments:

Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

Yeah, reading between the lines, I'm agreeing with him on the Opti. Skeptical at least.

my2fish said...

I think that means you're "infamous" now. I'm pretty sure that means MORE than famous.