Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sailing - A Deal With The Devil?

I saw this boat at Otaru Shukutsu Marina Yacht Club in Hokkaido, Japan in July and loved the name. "Mephistopheles" is, of course, the demon of German folklore and central to the story of Faust trading his soul for unlimited knowlege.

We sailors all seem to make a sort of "deal with the devil" when we decide to purchase a boat, don't we?

For me, it is not one I would wish to recant. I think most sailors would agree - I can see it in their eyes and read it in their blogs.


Daina Krall, Live in Paris singing "Devil May Care" - enjoy.


Until next, sweet sailing!

2 comments:

Doc Häagen-Dazs said...

Yes, Panda. Sometimes in an idle moment, I will add up all the LOA in fiberglass I have owned and despair in a fortune squandered. But as my screen saver flashes my old photos by, I smile, "No Regrets."

Until next, sweet sailing, Panda.

Martin J Frid said...

Gejigeji - no thanks, but if you don't disturb them, they tend to return the favour. Spiders - I like them a lot. Flugelhorns, can't get enough of them ;)